Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I Won the Blog of the Day

That's right! I can't believe it. I have so many to thank. First I want to say thank you to the little people. You know who you are. Then I'd like to thank the Blog of the Day people. Thank you for giving an award to a blog such as mine. I'd like to thank Zee for all her wonderful help. I'd like to thank my mom for always being there even when she was drunk and screwing a guy in the Hells Angels. I'd like to thank my gf Mary for letting me use her laptop when we should have been "doing it." Lastly I'd like to thank my self for going to the website for going to the Blog of the Day blog and nominating my own damn self!

Blog Of The Day Awards Winner

News:
Well alrighty then. So at work today I had a customer tell me about the Inverted Jenny that was found on an absentee ballot. What the hell is an Inverted Jenny? It's a stamp with a picture of an airplane named the Inverted Jenny. The plane was popular in WWI because it could fly upside down. I hope I got that right. So anyhow this stamp worth $200,000 is now being questioned. Experts are thinking it's a fake. Wild! Check out this article for more info.

While I was reading that article on the International Herald Tribune I saw this about Rumsfeld being sued by Germany for war crimes. The suit involved the torture inflicted upon Iraqi's at Abu Ghraib. I know it's sadly possible that not much will come of this law suit. But I'm so glad that people are paying attention and are working to hold Rumsfeld and BushCo. responsible for crimes against humanity.

Jesus dolls. Sounds like a whack ass idea for presents to kids right? Well the Associated Press reported that the bible thumping Teddy Bear Co. tried to donate 4,000 of these christian figures to Toys for Tots. Now keep in mind Toys for Tots is a charity of the Marine Reserves. Well anyway They said NO to Teddy Bear Co. A rep. for Toys for Tots said “We can’t take a chance on sending a talking Jesus doll to a Jewish family or a Muslim family. Kids want a gift for the holiday season that is fun.” I can't believe I'm going to write this but Goddess bless the Marines!
Last news item du jour involves students at Texas A&M making a video where one student wearing blackface pretends to be a slave while the other student is the "master." The video of this thing is so disgusting that I'm regretting ever viewing it. Racism has come back for a whole new generation and it's very very ugly. In some ways more ugly then its been in years. For more check out this post from my favorite blog racialicious. And just an fyi white people: calling things "ghetto" is simply not cool.


Well that's about it. Tomorrow I will wake up one more day clean & sober. It will also mark a year clean & sober. I am so grateful!
Peace!
~F

1 comment:

Sara said...

Congrats on your award & 1 year sober, both something to be extremely proud of!

On my way to Key West to visit a friend for the weekend, gonna try to soak up as much sun as I can before heading back to the northeast.