Saturday, January 28, 2006

Dog

I went to make out (not really it's just a term I use to say cuddle & smooch upon. Kinda like when folks in Memphis say "fuck with me" which means do business with me, not mess with me!) with my roomies Greyhound Max & he smelled like boo boo. Thus there was no making out. Why do doggies get so funky? Like when they roll in their own doo doo. Heh he... doo doo, boo boo. Umm anyway! Why do they do that though? don't they know they stink. I guess rolling in poo to dogs is the equivalent to essential oils to us (but NOT patchouli cuz that shit is NASTY!)

Anyway it's the year of the dog.

I've never been much into chinese astrology because I'm a western astrologer. Chinese astrology seems too simple for my complicated self (ha ha). Yet I identify with the charistics of my chinese sign the tiger. Grrrrr! And I'm compatible with dogs, the chinses sign & the pets both. So in honor of the dog I'm posting pics of my favorite doggie friend Rennie. She's my canine niece & a sweet but annoying (to her mama sometimes) soul. But first more about the sign of the dog.

Dogs can be a bit overwhelming, due in part to their attentive natures. They can march in and take control of a situation, even when it doesn’t involve them directly. This can lead people to think Dogs are nosy or gossipy, but in reality, he just means well. Money and status don’t matter to the Dog. He is more concerned with the welfare of his family and friends and will do whatever it takes to help them out of a tight squeeze or a rough spot. Once Dogs determine a subject of interest, they usually master that before taking off for a new adventure. They like to finish what they start. They are honest and trustworthy people, ethically strong and morally kept. They make loyal friends and companions.
So here's Rennie's 1st bath!



Here's me & Rennie at Lindsey's chillin'.




And Rennie's mama Lindsey & me! And no were NOT stoned or on crack!


Feel free to visit Rennie's mom's blog http://www.rathnait.net/blog/



So I have just a few personal tidbits to share. Today I'm working at the shelter. A 22 hour shift infact. 11 hours into it I'm already exhausted but so grateful! Actually I think that's all I have to say tonight. Here's the little meaning/prayer/greeting of Namaste (pronounced Nam-a-Stay).

I honor the place in you
in which the entire Universe dwells,

I honor the place in you
which is of Love, of Truth, of Light and of Peace,

When you are in that place in you,
and I am in that place in me,
we are One.

~F

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a nice surprise! It's always so fun to log onto your blog and then to see the nice things about my little Miss Rennie too! Yay! She does have a tendency to be a leetle teeny weeny bit annoying, but I wouldn't trade any of those annoying moments for anything. She is a joy!

Anyway, 22 hour shift... jeepers! I hope you get yerself some rest, girl! Don't overdo, fer gawsh sake!!
~Zee