Thursday, January 04, 2007

The Facing Race Conference

That's right y'all I'm gonna try and get my butt to this & hey why don't you join me?! Here's the scoop:

From The Applied Research Center's Facing Race Conference pages:

The goals of the conference are to: (1) foster increased public awareness and discussion of the racial impacts of public policy; (2) explore models, strategies and opportunities for advancing racially equitable policies; and, (3) build new connections for advancing equitable policy initiatives in the U.S.

Here are just a few of the workshops that will be there:
  • Race & National Security
  • Affordable Housing for Whom?
  • Rebuilding the Gulf Coast
  • Structural Racism 101
  • Multi-Racial Organizing
  • Voices That Need To Be Heard: Criminal Justice and, Race and Society

And yes, much more. To register and get more info. click here.

Now here's your superficial fashion question of the day:

Are skinny jeans over? Let me know?

1 comment:

Sara said...

That sounds ubercool, too bad I'm 90% sure I will be back in London, but if not I'll try to make it!

How was the honey/vinegar/water??