Friday, September 14, 2007

Summa Books


It's been a decent summer for books. I spent most of my time with a young adult series by Stephanie Meyer. There was Twilight then New Moon and finally last night I finished Eclipse. They were easy and totally fun books. With the exception of a couple weird comments by the protagonist like "she was beautiful in an exotic sort of way." Hate that. Anywho I also read another great young adult book by Sherman Alexie called The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian . It was very very good & I recommend it to adults as well as teens.

After seeing Mr. Alexie in person this last Wednesday I thought it would be good to read some of his other stuff. So I'm already 24 pages into The Lone Ranger & Tonto Fistfight in Heaven. It's a little fantastical which isn't usually my thing but I'm sure it's worth it.

Don't Play in the Sun by Marita Golden was a good book although it took my a while to read it. It's about colorism & was an important read.

And I re-read Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris because that book is funnier than shit. Oh & one I almost forgot despite that it was fun was Dead Connection by Alafair Burke. It was a murder mystery from an author who used to live in good 'ol PDX.

Let's hope for some good fall reading! Feel free to note your favorite books that you read this summer! Peace!
~F

No comments: