Thursday, November 01, 2007

NaBloPoMo Day 1. Quotes from Reparations Day

Well I hate to admit this but I really have nothing to write in particular today. Not the worlds best way to begin 30 days of blogging. So today I give you quotes from Reparations Day. These are some of the things that were said to me ask I panhandled for reparations. Usually I'd say "Reparations! I can take your reparations payment here" This is what my beloved recorded from the passers-by. Enjoy!

  • How are those restitutions?
  • Congratulations!
  • What a bitch!
  • You're a bitch & you're going to get smacked (note: she was white walking with a Black woman)
  • I don't know nothing
  • What is it? Oh I'll think about it.
  • Good for you
  • Good luck!
  • It's the most positive thing I've seen since I came back to Portland from the military
  • I'm a desendent of slavery too
  • I'm Romanian and think they should do this over there in Europe
  • We don't need reparations because there's the Joint House Resolution!
The best thing I heard though was from my mother. After I told her the story was on the front page of the Metro section of the Oregonian and that my pic was on the front page of the afternoon edition of the paper she said "I knew it! I was always afraid you'd end up in the paper for panhandling!"

Goodness bless moms!

Hey check out some cool new blogs by clicking on the NaBloPoMo randomizer below. Have fun!
http://nablopomo.ning.com/random.html

Peace!
~F

No comments: