Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Black Face/The Racism Fairy and Mary

Oh yes he did it. If you haven't already seen it Michael Richards (aka Kramer) was in the 1986 film Whoops Apocalypse in... you guessed it, black face. Don't believe me? Check out this post on Vibe Confidential. Kinda makes this whole "I'm not a racist and can't believe I said those things" argument look a bit less believable.

Reappropiate has a very funny post about how Mr. Richards was bitten by a racist fairy. He said he was shocked and mystified. As if some magickal occurrence happened. Somehow these racist and violent words dropped upon him like a cosmic light ray and suddenly Mr. Richards was channeling these appalling ideas/words. We know that's not true with him portraying an "afro-American" in 1986.

Shame on everyone who is apologizing for this guy including Jerry Seinfeld, Rosie O'Donnell, The real Kramer and anyone else who says it's not a big deal or that he's a nice guy and just lost his cool. When I lose my cool I don't bring in race. Usually I bring up their lack of fashion sense! (ha)

Alright I'm tired of thinking about the Kramer thing right now.

My beloved Ms. Mary called me from Rome today! My phone was turned off so I got a nice voice mail and I swear my toes tingled every time she said ummm umm. She umm's a lot. It was so nice to hear her voice and I miss her so much. I don't think I've ever understood the whole absence makes the heart grow fonder thing until now. It's not that my heart is fonder but more sure that she is so very special. Only a week to go until she gets home. She got to see the pyramids in Egypt and such. I can't wait to see her pics.

Tomorrow I fill out lots of paperwork. That's how I'm spending "thanksgiving." I'm going back to college this Winter. At last! I'm going to The Art Institute of Portland. It's an art school geared towards many types of design and art. It's going to be expensive and I'm a bit nervous about where the money is coming from in terms of school and living expenses. I can't work myself ragged but I'll be pretty busy. It's in HP's hands. I'm ready for this though and very grateful for this opportunity. Woo hoo!
~F

No comments: