Thursday, April 05, 2007

April and then some!

Ahh it's a beautiful day in the city of Portland! A crisp breeze flows through the living room doors from the back yard as I type this. There have been so many interesting things to update folks about & yet I've been slow to blog about them. So here's some updates in no particular order.
  • I got a new tattoo. It's a blue star on my right forearm. It's about the size of a nickle & really cute. I'd been thinking about getting a star of some sort on one of my arms for a while but finally (on a whim!) did it. My pal Andy came with me and we went to Captain Jacks on 46th & Hawthorne. The place was recommended even though when passing by the studio on the #14 bus I thought it looked a bit like a den for neo-nazis and bikers. Alas I went & a very nice young man did the star & I will go back for sure to get the tattoo on my neck redone. I'd take a pic & show it on this here blog but the tat is still in it's healing phase & looks a bit crusty.
  • My girlfriend & I are planning a trip. Were going to a treesort this summer. What the bloody hell is a treesort you ask. Go to the following link & find out. http://www.treehouses.com/treehouse/treesort/home.html We have been trying to figure out where to take a mini trip & this place seems like a good bet for our first lovers getaway. We both really love tree houses & she found this place & it's so cool because you can go horseback riding, swim & take classes to learn how to build your very own tree house! Can't wait!
  • Addicted to Race had an awesome podcast a couple weeks ago that featured Harry Allen & Jason Tanz. It was about hip hop & people on non-color's relationship to the music. Mr. Allen said some incredibly brilliant things & as soon as I listen to the podcast again (have listened to it twice so far) I'll quote him. Anyway check it out right here!
  • Speaking of race stuff some moron (okay strong word I know but I had to let that out) at work was near me recently complaining that they had to study white privilege. Ohh poor fucking baby! I want to check out the new website raceintheworkplace.com and see if I can find some stuff to pass along to the union at work. Geezus!

Well it's too damn nice to stay in a keep blogging. I'm off to walk the dog & perhaps watch Snake on a Plane this evening. I know but I love silly movies. BTW I'm reading the book Boomsday by Christopher Buckley (the guy who wrote Thank You for Smoking) and it's really good. It's about a lady blogger who one day proposes that the government could save money by having the elderly volunteer to kill themselves by 70 years old in exchange for tax credits. It's sounds macabre as hell but is really quite enjoyable. Tootles!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the new tattoo! Woo!
~Zee

Sara said...

wow a new tat, sounds cool!!!