Thursday, November 15, 2007

Lucy & 2 Years!

This is Lucy. She is the sister of Sydney, whom I posted about last week. She weighs less than 3lbs. and has the loudest damn dog scream you could imagine. Despite the fact that she is really named Lucifer because she really deserves it, she also melt my heart as much as anything pure & sweet. I love Lucy for her demanding need for affection. I love her for her constant shaking. She is the apple of my eye too and my world wouldn't be the same with out her!

Also today is the day I've been sober for 2 years in a row. It's a kinda bittersweet b-day for a myriad of reasons. I'm without a doubt grateful to be sober. I suppose I'm just so one-day-at-a-time in my life that the whole thing doesn't feel like much of a big deal to me. In sober b-days past I'd have a party and make speeches & just be full of emotions. Today I just want to get back home to watch a Denzel Washington movie and do my wife to be. Anywho it's a good day to be sober and alive. I'm happy and know myself & that's what the journey of recovery, all my years in in since I was 18, is about. Peace!
~F

No comments: